Kisan Credit Card yojana 2021 | Kisan Credit Card Apply online, Interest rate | KCC Online Application Form | Best bank For KCC | किसान क्रेडिट कार्ड ऑनलाइन आवेदन
Central Government’s Kisan Credit Card scheme is applicable to all farmers of the whole country to get loans easily This scheme was started so that farmers do not have to wander here and there for loans and they do not have to pay high-interest rates for loans.
Kisan Credit Card Scheme 2021 (KCCY) was a credit scheme for farmers launched by the central government in August 1998. The scheme was modeled by the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development on the recommendations of the RVGUPTA committee to provide credit for agricultural needs.
Table of Contents
Kisan Credit Card (KCC) 2021
Kisan Credit Card (KCC) is an initiative by the Government of India to ensure that the farmers of the country get credit at an affordable rate. KCC Scheme can also be referred to as Kisan Credit Card Loan as it provides term loans to the farmers to cover the cost of cultivation, crop, and farm maintenance.
The KCC scheme was introduced to ensure that the credit needs of farmers in the agriculture, fisheries, and animal husbandry sectors are met. This scheme was introduced by the central government to help them take short-term loans and provide them credit limits for purchasing equipment and for their other expenses.
Kisan Credit Card Scheme Highlights
|scheme name||Kisan Credit Card Scheme 2021|
|Sponsored by||Central Government|
|Launch Date||August 1998|
|Launched By||National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development|
|Objective||providing agricultural support|
|year of registration||2021|
Objectives of Kisan Credit Card 2021
The objective of the KISAN CREDIT CARD scheme is to provide adequate credit to the farmers for their farming on time under the single window which is given below.
- To meet short term credit requirements for cultivation of crops
- post harvest expenses
- Production of marketing loans
- Consumption Requirements of Farmer Families
- Working capital for maintenance of agricultural assets, working capital required for activities related to agriculture, such as dairy cattle, inland fish and floriculture, horticulture etc.
- Investment required for agriculture and allied activities like pump sets, sprayers, dairy cattle, floriculture, horticulture etc.
- Short term credit requirements for the upbringing of animals, birds, fish, shrimp, other aquatic organisms, catching fish.
Features and benefits Of KCC
- Get interest saving bank rate on credit balance in KCC account
- Free ATM cum Debit Card (Bank Kisan Card) for all KCC borrowers
- Interest accrual @ 2% pais is available for loan amount up to Rs.3 lakh
- Additional interest subvention @ 3% pa for prompt repayment
- Notified crops / notified areas are covered under crop insurance for all KCC loans
- Simplifies disbursement processes
- Removes rigidity in relation to cash and kind
- No need to apply for loan for every crop
- Assured availability of credit at any time enabling less interest burden for the farmer.
- Helps to buy seeds, fertilizers at farmer’s convenience and choice
- Helps in buying discounts from dealers at cash-gain
- Credit facility for 3 years – no need for seasonal assessment
- Maximum credit limit based on agricultural income
- Security, Margin and Documentation Norms for Agricultural Advances
- Providing adequate and timely credit to farmers
- The entire year’s credit requirement of the borrower is taken care of. Minimal paperwork and simplification of documentation for withdrawing funds from the bank.
- Assured availability of credit at any time enabling less interest burden for the farmer. Flexibility to draw from a branch other than the issuing branch at the discretion of the bank.
Eligibility For Kisan Credit Card
- All farmer-individuals/joint borrowers who are proprietor farmers.
- Tenant farmers, oral less and share crops etc.
- SHGs or Joint Liability Groups of farmers including tenant farmers, share croppers etc.
- Persons engaged in animal husbandry and fisheries are also eligible for this scheme.
Documents Required for Kisan Credit Card
Farmers who also want to take advantage of Kisan Credit Card (KCC) will have to establish their identity and address. The applicant can submit any one of the following documents:
- Duly filled and signed application form.
- Copy of Identity Proof like Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID, Driving License, etc.
- Copy of Address Proof like Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Voter ID, Driving License. The proof must have the current address of the applicant to be valid.
- Land documents.
- Passport size photograph of the applicant.
- Other documents requested by the issuing bank.
KCC Rate of Interest 2021
Kisan Credit Card loan interest rate is at the discretion of the Bank/Financial Institution. However, it is monitored by the RBI and is usually in line with the base rate.
Apart from the interest on the loan, some other additional charges are included in the plan. These include processing fees, insurance premiums, etc. However, in many cases, the lending institutions waive off these charges for the benefit of the farmers.
- The interest rate on Kisan Credit Card (KCC) varies with credit limit from one bank to another. However, the interest rate of KCC can be 2% and average 4%.
- Apart from this, there are some subsidies and schemes that the government provides to the farmers with respect to the interest rate.
- Interest is charged at the card rate in case of non-payment within due dates
- Interest will be compounded half yearly beyond the due date
Repayment Of KCC
For the crops for which the loan has been given, the repayment period may be fixed as per the anticipated harvesting and marketing period.
- For short-term loans, they usually take into account the anticipated harvesting and marketing period of the crops.
- Long term loans are generally repayable within five years of disbursement.
KISAN CREDIT CARD Application Form Online
To apply online for Kisan Credit Card, you have to follow the procedure given below, only then you can get Kisan Credit Card online:
- Visit the website of the bank under which you want to apply for the KCC scheme.
- From the list of options, select Kisan Credit Card.
- On clicking the option ‘Apply Online’, the website will redirect you to the application page.
- Fill the form with required details and click on “Submit”.
- On doing so, an application reference number will be sent.
- If you are eligible, the bank will contact you for further processing within 3-4 working days
KCC Offline Application Process
You can contact your nearest bank branch to apply for Kisan Credit Card and for more details. Offline application can be done by visiting the branch of the bank of your choice or also by downloading the application form from the bank’s website.
Applicants can visit the branch with the help of a bank representative and start the application process. Once the formalities are completed, the loan officer of the bank can help with the loan amount for the farmer.
Top Kisan Credit Cards List by Banks
Kisan Credit Card is offered by many public sector banks, cooperative banks, and rural banks in India. Some of them are:
- Axis Bank Kisan Credit Card
- SBI Kisan Credit Card
- Bank Of India Kisan Credit Card
- ICICI Kisan Credit Card
- HDFC Bank Kisan Credit Card
- PNB Kisan Credit Cards
Apart from this, many other banks also provide the facility of Kisan Credit Card, you can find out about it by visiting the website of any bank or contact the customer care of the bank.
Note: If any of you want to get Kisan Credit Card for Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, then he can do it very easily, To apply for Kisan Credit Card, read another article whose link is given below: https://cscportal.in/csc-pm-kisan-credit-card/
Ref: CSC PORTAL