Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Yojana 2022 PM JI-VAN Yojana Registration | JI VAN yojana full form – govt bio-ethanol projects Scheme, PM Ji-Van Yojana launch date & Official Website
Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Yojana 2022: The cabinet committee supporting the efforts and economic affairs of the Honorable Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi, has launched the Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Yojana 2022 to promote biofuels in the country . . It aims to reduce the country’s dependence on crude oil imports and the government aims to reduce ethanol usage in the country to 10% by the end of 2022. The central government has set a target of blending up to 10% ethanol in petroleum fuels by the end of the year and 20% ethanol use in petrol by 2030.
PM JI-VAN Yojana 2022
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved the Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN (Vatavaran Anukool fasal awashesh Nivaran) Scheme. PM JI-VAN scheme is going to provide financial assistance to integrated bio-ethanol projects by use of lignocellulosic biomass and other renewable feedstock. The financial implication of the JI-VAN scheme is that the central government will support the scheme for the period 2018 to 2023-24 with a total financial outlay of Rs 1969.50 crore.
The Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas has set a target of achieving 10% blending of ethanol in petrol by FY 2022.
JI-VAN Scheme Highlights
|Scheme||Pradhan Mantri Ji-VAN Yojana 2022|
|launched by||Prime Minister Narendra Modi|
|Launch date||February 2019|
|Beneficiary||all the people of the country|
|Objective||enhance ethanol blending|
|Department||Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas|
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Ji-VAN Yojana
Following are the benefits of the Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Scheme:
- To fulfill the vision of the Central Govt. To reduce import dependence by replacing fossil fuels with biofuels.
- To achieve GHG emission reduction targets by progressive blending/substitution of fossil fuels.
- To address environmental concerns that are caused by the burning of biomass, and crop residues and to improve the health of citizens.
- To increase the farmer’s income by ensuring adequate income for his agricultural waste residues.
- Creation of rural and urban employment opportunities in 2G ethanol projects along the biomass supply chain.
- Contribute to the Swachh Bharat Mission by supporting the collection of non-edible biofuel feedstocks such as biomass and urban waste.
- Indigenization of second-generation biomass for ethanol technologies.
Why Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Yojana is Important
The central government has set a target to achieve a 10% blending percentage of ethanol by 2022. Various efforts have been made like higher ethanol prices and simplification of the ethanol procurement system. But still, the ethanol procurement during 2017-18 is about 150 crore liters of ethanol. This is sufficient for about 4.22% blending on a pan-India basis. Alternatively, MoP, NG has started exploring 2G ethanol generation from biomass and other wastes to bridge the supply gap under the EBP program. Therefore, the Pradhan Mantri Biofuel Yojana has been launched to create a 2G ethanol capacity in India and attract investments for this new sector.
Center for High Technology, a technical institution under MoP&NG will be the primary implementing agency of the Pradhan Mantri Biofuel Scheme 2019. All the project developers who are willing to avail the scheme benefits have to submit their proposal for review by the Scientific Advisory Committee. All the projects recommended by SAC have to be approved by the Sitting Committee.
Digipay 7.0 Download And Install On Mobile & Windows
Phases of Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN Scheme
- Phase- 1 (2018-19 to 2022-23) – There will be an amalgamation of 6 commercial projects and 5 demonstration projects.
- Phase- 2 (2020-21 to 2023-24) – Here the remaining 6 commercial projects and 5 demonstration projects will be accommodated.
Pradhan Mantri JI VAN Yojana will focus on encouraging the 2G ethanol sector and support this industry to grow the sector by creating a suitable ecosystem for setting up commercial projects.
PM JI-VAN Registration 2022
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of the department related to the scheme.
- After that click on the Scheme section
- Now many plans will come in front of you
- Here you have to click on Pradhan Mantri JI-VAN
- Now the information about the scheme will come in front of you
- After this, you have to open the scheme form to apply and fill in all the details asked in the application.
- In the end, you have to check the filled application once again and at the end, you can submit the form to the concerned department.