What is the Pragati scholarship scheme: PRAGATI (Scholarship for Girl Child) was launched by the Ministry of Human Resource Development to provide encouragement and support to the girl child to pursue technical studies. It is implemented by the Indian Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
Pragati is a MHRD scheme implemented by AICTE to provide assistance for the promotion of girls for technical education. Education is one of the most important means of empowering women with the knowledge, skills and confidence to participate fully in the development process. It is an opportunity for young women to further their education and prepare for a successful future through “Empowering Women through Technical Education”.
Table of Contents
KEY FEATURES OF THE PRAGATI SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
- Total number of scholarships per year -4000 (2000 for degree and 2000 for diploma)
- The candidate must have been admitted to the first year of any Bachelor/Diploma course of any AICTE approved institute in the concerned year through the centralized admission process of the State/Central Govt.
- Degree and Diploma Scholarships are transferable in the event of unavailability of the eligible applicant in any of the Bachelor/Diploma level programmes.
- Two girls per family are eligible, whose family income does not exceed 8 lakh per annum during the previous financial year (in case of married girls, the income of parents/in-laws, whichever is higher, will be considered).
- Candidate will be selected on the basis of qualifying examination to avoid related technical degree/diploma course from any AICTE approved institute.
- Scholarship Amount: Rs.30,000/- or actual value whichever is less and Rs.2000/- per month for 10 months as charged per year for the event. In case of tuition fee waiver/refund, eligible students to receive an amount of Rs.30,000/- towards purchase of books/equipment/software/laptop/desktop/vehicle/fee paid for competition/examination application form Huh.
- Reservation is -15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and 27% for OBC candidate/applicant.
How can I apply for the Pragati scholarship?
For online registration and instructions to fill online application, log on to www.aicte-pragati-saksham-gov.in.
Note – But we would like to tell you all that currently online applications are not invited for this scheme. But as soon as the applications for the scheme are submitted, we will let you know
Document Required for the PRAGATI SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
1. Scanned copies of Mark sheets of Standard X / XII / Others as applicable and which are filled. (required)
2. Annual family income certificate for the previous financial year in the prescribed format issued below the rank of Tehsildar.
3. The admission form issued by the Technical Education Directorate for admission to diploma/license courses.
4. Certificate issued by the Director/Principal/Head of the Institution.
5. Tuition fee receipt.
6. Aadhaar card banking pass book in the name of the student showing the account number, IFSC code and photograph
7. Caste certificate for SC/ST/OBC category.
8. Aadhaar Card
9. Declaration of the parents duly signed from which it can be concluded that the information provided by their child is correct and if it is found to be incorrect at any stage, the amount of the scholarship will be reimbursed.
PRAGUE PIB SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
The government has taken several steps to increase enrollment of girls in higher education. The government is committed to encouraging female students to pursue higher education. That is why various schemes are implemented. For more information, visit the PIB website: click here
Ref: Ministry of Human Resource Development
Follow us on social media