IBM Cloud Core Free Course | Cloud Core Certificate 2021 | Cloud Core international Course Answers | IBM Developer Skills | IBM Cloud Core Exam Online | Course With Free Certificate Apply Now |
This course introduces you to the core concepts of cloud computing. You will gain the foundational knowledge required for understanding cloud computing from both business and practitioner perspectives.
You will learn about the definition and essential characteristics of cloud computing, its history, emerging trends, and the business case for cloud computing. You also learn about the various cloud service models (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and deployment models (Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Hybrid Cloud) and the key components of a cloud architecture (Virtualization, VMs, Storage, Networking, Containers, Serverless).
IBM Cloud Core OBJECTIVES
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define cloud computing and explain its essential characteristics, history, & emerging trends
- Articulate the business case for cloud computing
- Describe the service & deployment models of cloud computing
- Explain the various components of a cloud architecture
IBM Cloud Core COURSE Modules
Module 1: Overview of Cloud Computing
- Definition and essential characteristics
- A brief history and evolution of Cloud
- Key cloud service providers and their services
Module 2: Cloud Adoption and Emerging Technologies
- Business case for Cloud Computing
- Emerging technologies supported by Cloud: AI, IoT, Blockchain, Analytics
Module 3: Cloud Computing Service and Deployment Models
- Service Models: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS
- Deployment Models: Public, Private, Hybrid
Module 4: Components of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Infrastructure Overview
- Virtualization, VMs, Bare Metal
- Secure Cloud Networks
Module 5: Cloud Storage
- Direct Attached
- File Storage
- Block Storage
- Object Storage
- Content Delivery Networks (CDN)
Module 6: Cloud-Native and Emergent Cloud Trends
- Hybrid Multicloud
- Application Modernization
How To Participate In This Course
- First, go to the link below: Click here
- now click on the login to enroll link
- after that click on the register button
- After a form will open in front of you
- Now fill in the complete information requested in the form
- After filling the information, submit the form
How To Get Certificate and Badge
Once you have taken the Final Exam and achieved a passing grade for the course, be sure to complete the survey. Then from the Course tab scroll down to the “Certificate and Badge” section. There you will be able to download the Certificate as well as click on the button to claim the IBM Badge for the course.
Module 1 – Graded Quiz
1. In the US National Institute of Standards and Technology, NIST, definition of “cloud computing”, what does the statement “shared pool of configurable computing resources” include?
Ans: Networks, servers, storage, applications, and services
2. What tasks do hypervisors accomplish? Select two.
Ans: (1) Enable multiple operating systems to run alongside each other, sharing the same physical computing resources.
(2) Separates VMs logically and assigns each a share of the underlying computing power, memory, and storage.
3. What are some of the cloud benefits that make it lower risk for enterprises to adopt cloud? Select two.
Ans: (1) The pay-as-you-go model allows enterprises to experiment with technologies as opposed to making long-term decisions based on little or no trial.
(2) The speed with which applications can be up and running on the cloud versus months on traditional platforms, means enterprises can experiment, fail fast, learn, and course correct without setting them back significantly.
Module 2 – Graded Quiz
1. An IBM Institute for Business Value study says that more than three-quarters of enterprises today are using cloud computing to expand into new industries. What additional benefits do organizations find when adopting the cloud:
Ans: Improve customer experience and create enhanced products and services
2. What is the three-way symbiotic relationship between IoT, AI, and Cloud?
Ans: IoT delivers the data, AI powers the insights, and both emerging technologies leverage cloud’s scalability and processing power
3. What is the three-way relationship between blockchain, AI, and the Cloud?
Ans: Blockchain provides the trusted, decentralized source of truth, AI powers the analytics and decisions made from the collected data, and cloud provides the globally distributed, scalable, and cost-efficient computing resources to support both technologies.
Module 3 – Graded Quiz
1. Which are some of the key components of cloud infrastructure? Select two.
Ans: (1) IaaS providers manage large data centers that contain the physical machines required to power the various layers of abstraction on top of them
(2) IaaS providers manage the hypervisors and end-users provision the virtual instances
2. According to the video, which of these statements are true of Virtual Private Clouds (VPCs)? Select two.
Ans: (1) VPCs are provisioned in a logically isolated part of a shared public cloud
(2) The VPC infrastructure is owned, managed, and operated by the public cloud service provider
3. If an organization needs to run a highly sensitive and mission critical application with unpredictable performance and capacity requirements, which of the following models would best meet its requirements?
Ans: Hybrid Cloud
Module 4 – Graded Quiz
1. Is it possible to run completely different operating systems on Virtual Machines (VMs) that are on a single host? If yes, what makes this possible?
Ans: Yes, Virtualization makes it possible— to have VMs, running different operating systems, on a single host.
2. Which of these scenarios is ideal for the use of bare metal servers, as opposed to virtual servers? Select two.
Ans: (1) CPU and I/O intensive workloads correct
(2) Huge performance and strict security and compliance requirements correct
3. Subnets are the main area where security is implemented in the cloud. What is used to provide security at the virtual instance level in subnets?
Ans: Security Groups or SGs
Module 5 – Graded Quiz
1. Which of these are features of Object Storage? Select two.
Ans: (1) You can directly use Object Storage without attaching it to a compute node correct
(2) Object storage is effectively infinite correct
2. There are four types of cloud storage available. Which storage type is ephemeral or non-persistent?
Ans: Direct Attached storage
3. What is the main benefit of a Content Delivery Network (CDN)?
Ans: Speed, it makes your website faster by serving files from a location closer to the user.
Module 6 – Graded Quiz
1. What are the key elements of a hybrid Multicloud strategy?
Ans: Connects an organization’s on-premise private cloud and third-party public cloud into a single infrastructure
2. What is an attribute that distinguishes serverless computing from other compute models?
Ans: The serverless model requires NO provisioning of servers, installation of application stacks, or operation of the infrastructure BY the users/developers
3. Cloud adoption is an integral part of application modernization. What are the other two important components of modernization?
Ans: Microservices and DevOps
Module 7 – Practice Quiz (Optional)
1. What are some of the monitoring tools that help you to gain insights about your posture, compliance, and threats? Select two
Ans: (1) Security events
(2) Flow logs from the network
2. What is the role SecDevOps plays in cloud security?
Ans: Security in the DevOps process helps embed security through the life cycle of an application
3. The Weather Company migrated their weather web property to a secure, scalable, and global architecture in the IBM Cloud. What are some of the benefits they realized as a result of this migration? Select two.
Ans: (1) Optimize their systems for elasticity in handling extreme spikes in demand which can mean a difference between life and death for its users
(2) Harness local data centers to minimize latency for users spread across the globe
Final Exam (18 Questions)
1. Which cloud deployment model lets users use multiple cloud models working together seamlessly?
2. Which of these are essential characteristics of the Cloud? Select two.
Ans: (1) On-demand self-service
(2) Resource pooling
3. What are some cloud computing benefits? Select two.
4. According to the International Data Corporation (IDC), what is that crucial ability that will make cloud computing essential for businesses to succeed, sustain, and compete in today’s markets?
Ans: Data-driven decisions
5. IoT, AI, Blockchain, and Analytics are emerging technologies enabled by the cloud. What are some of the attributes of cloud computing that enable these technologies? Select two.
Ans: The power and scale of cloud resources
6. In the car analogy used to explain the differences between the three cloud service models, which of the provided options is an analogy for PaaS?
Ans: Renting a car
7. Which of these scenarios are good use cases for Public Cloud? Select two.
8. Private cloud platforms can be implemented internally or externally. What is an example of external private cloud platform?
Ans: Virtual Private Cloud or VPC
9. The infrastructure layer is the foundation of the cloud and consists of physical resources. Where do these physical resources reside?
Ans: Regions, Zones, and Data Centers
10. Why do bare metal servers take longer to provision than virtual servers?
Ans: They are physical servers that can be customized to specified capacity
11. Containers provide isolation of applications. What is one of the benefits this provides?
Ans: Help keep malicious code in one container from impacting other containers
12. What makes File storage an ideal solution for scenarios where common storage (a landing zone for incoming files) is needed?
Ans: File storage can be mounted to multiple compute nodes at a time
13. Which of these scenarios are best suited for Block Storage? Select two.
Ans: (1) Workloads that need low-latency storage
(2) Applications that need consistent fast access to disk, such as databases
14. Which of the following is NOT a good fit for Object Storage?
Ans: Operating systems or applications like databases
15. What is a Content Delivery Network (CDN)?
Ans: A distributed server network
16. What are some of the benefits of using microservices architecture? Select two.
Ans: (1) Application components can be developed and updated independently of each other
(2) Components facing varied amounts of load can be scaled independently
17. What are the characteristics of a cloud native application?
Ans: Collection of microservices working together as a whole to comprise an application
18. DevOps’ tools, practices, and processes are helping tackle some of the complexities and challenges posed by the cloud. Identify two ways in which DevOps is mitigating these challenges. Select two.
Ans: (1) By creating an automated deployment pipeline
(2) By fully automating the infrastructure installation process in a way that is documented, repeatable, verifiable, and traceable